It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful Mullen's 'unintended consequences'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Forgetful Mullen's 'unintended consequences'

www.atimes.com

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the United States' joint chiefs of staff, caused a media stir by revealing on Sunday that the US has prepared a plan of attack on Iran, once again reminding Tehran that "all options are on the table" and that the fury of US military might may soon descend upon Iran if it continues with its controversial nuclear program.

Such calculated escalation of Washington's rhetoric elicited an expected Iranian denunciation and the pledge of a firm response throughout the Middle East and beyond. Despite its superpower wherewithal, the US military has major areas of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politicsdaily.com

mod edit:
title of BAN article must be the same as source title

[edit on Fri Aug 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So we're actually planning a war on Iran. There is a plan of attack already in the talks within our government. So much for transparency, huh?

Not only would this be considered a start to WW3, but it basically sets off what has been written in various prediction threads. Did this guy just slip up? You decide!

www.atimes.com

Mullen's admission is the bluntest statement yet on Iran by an official of the Obama administration. The usual White House line is that "all options remain on the table," according to The Guardian.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by bestideayet]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One point, "all options are on the table" reminds me of mike gravel standing on stage chiding hilary clinton. He pointed out that that was a code for nuclear attack. I think she laughed at him.

We won't get a second chance at this he said....

Excuse me if I ramble, but I just had that vision of him when this came up before.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
gee did we not say the same thing before Iraq? and we all know the out come, and we are still there.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
when will the US Government realise it cant play world police. When will they realise if they didnt act they way they are they wouldnt have a threat of having a nuclear missile shot up thier backsides

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Its a contingency plan - but a very real possibility.

They yanks have got contingency plans for just about everything.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is just so wrong
If you will allow me to post two videos and I hope EVERYONE sees this!

This was before Obama was President!

Iran is just trying to be a country, they are one of the only middle east countries creating products, unfortunately none of those products can leave Iran, not because of an embargo but a Blockade!
An embargo to me is isolationism, a Blockade however is an act of war!

Please watch BOTH VIDEOS in their entirety!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
this is pointing out what everyone should already know.

We have plans in place for blowing up anyone and anything and probably including ourselves. This is just meant as propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is a lot of reckless talk coming from the U.S.........

"It's time to implement our sanctions laws and demonstrate to Russia and China that there are consequences for abetting Tehran and flouting US sanctions," she said in a statement.

"Russia and China appear determined to continue to facilitate Iran's dangerous policies. This must not be allowed to continue without serious repercussions."

Link

Something EVIL this way comes

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ummmm THIS ISNT BREAKING!!!!! Do a search, this was released on Sundasy. Already threads on here.

Originally posted by bestideayet

So we're actually planning a war on Iran. There is a plan of attack already in the talks within our government. So much for transparency, huh?

Not only would this be considered a start to WW3, but it basically sets off what has been written in various prediction threads. Did this guy just slip up? You decide!

www.atimes.com

Mullen's admission is the bluntest statement yet on Iran by an official of the Obama administration. The usual White House line is that "all options remain on the table," according to The Guardian.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by bestideayet]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, the fact that it's so blatantly said now in the media, as if it's just a matter of time, is what scares me. Not too long ago, we were saying the same about Iraq. We even showed us bombing Saddam's palaces in REAL TIME on MSNBC! "Us yanks got the whole world to protect!"

I am deeply saddened by the whole process. Why can't everyone, I mean EVERYONE, just get all their arms and destroy them. sign some sort of peace treaty. Maybe take all of our nukes down to a place and just bury them, put them under lock and key with armed guards or something.

I mean, how many nukes can there possibly be in the world?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Of course the US has a credible military option plan drawn up on Iran!

They would have had a strategic plan since day one.. The plan to attack Iran has been in the mix for a long long time, it's just been about timing of when and under what circumstances.

Don't take this news as some huge revelation that the US or Israel is about to bomb Iran nuke facilities. It isn't. They aren't.

You might remember Israel saying that for any sanctions package to work there needs to be a credible military threat and posture behind them.. Well announcements like this one is what it is about.

It's just a small move in applying the psychological pressure on Iran, believe me a plan for attack would have been drawn up a long time ago

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dude this is beating a dead horse. The US has attack plans drawn up for just about every country on the planet. Its what MILITARY PLANNERS DO!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
Well, the fact that it's so blatantly said now in the media, as if it's just a matter of time, is what scares me. Not too long ago, we were saying the same about Iraq. We even showed us bombing Saddam's palaces in REAL TIME on MSNBC! "Us yanks got the whole world to protect!"

I am deeply saddened by the whole process. Why can't everyone, I mean EVERYONE, just get all their arms and destroy them. sign some sort of peace treaty. Maybe take all of our nukes down to a place and just bury them, put them under lock and key with armed guards or something.

I mean, how many nukes can there possibly be in the world?

I agree with this. I feel a Killer 7 (Old gamecube video game, kudos if you remember it) kind of approach would be ideal however you can't trust everyone on the planet to destroy their nukes. The probability is one country will keep some and then war would break out. And aside from that, the technology would still be readily available to anyone with enough $$$ to throw at it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Totally agree with this. I'm sure there are plans on the books to attack or defend against every single country on the planet, even our allies. I'm sure most countries also have similar military plans as well, it's really the most prudent option. I would actually be concerned if we didn't have these type of plans.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
rt.com...

A group of former CIA and military officials have written to President Obama to say they believe Israel is preparing to attack Iran this month.

Just found this on Russia Today

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah you are right but you don't have to fly off the handle and "shout" about it.

It's not like the US suddenly finished a military plan on Iran and said "Yep, all done. This will work, this is a great attack plan! Right, off to the press to announce this to the public!"

It's just a small propaganda move on Iran psychologically. What the US and Israel needs to quickly wake up to is that NO ONE with a brain supports this yet again totally bogus illegal coming war.

they also need to wake up to the fact that Iran ain't gunna budge! The US will get their asses handed to them on a platter if they take on the Persians

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

The terrorist Cabal has been chumping at the bit to attack Iran for ages. Their previous stooge President and his sidekick Cheney were going to do it, but got stopped. Obama's script was written a bit differently. To get elected he had to pretend not to want to attack Iran, and has been playing the 'good cop' whilst Israel has played the 'bad cop' - all cleverly scripted in advance.

Brazil and Turkey almost spoiled their plan again, by coming up with a very viable solution, but Israel dismissed it as 'unreliable' and US backed them, so it looks as though it's all steam ahead for the most heinous, barbaric and criminal desire for WWIII. God knows why they want that, but I am convinced they do.

Remember we have been here before. There were no WMD and all the reports suggest there are no nukes in Iran.

This will be one more, terrible, illegal war.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So the US has plans on attacking Iran? And what for actually? Are we
going to hurl some bombs and cannon fire at them, or are we going to
drop a nuke to show them that they can't have nukes? What idiocy.
The only thing that will bring them down is a nuke. We can't invade
their country with boots on the ground. We don't have any more boots.
It has to be a nuke. Nothing left to throw at them. I think the US should
cool their heels along with Israel and wait and see what Iran really does
before they plan on a massive attack of any kind. The average Iranian
on the streets doesn't have any argument with the American people at
all. It's solely between our P'sTB. Isn't that typical for the world?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't mean to dismiss the seriousness of such a plan, but I'm sure within the war think tanks of the USA, there are plans to attack every/ any country in the world. The U.S. wouldn't do it because Russia would have an unpleasant response. Then again, maybe they can save the economy with some more war spending.

edit: ha.. princeofpeace beat me to it!

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join